Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Whale watching in Sri Lanka With Mirissa Water Sports!
The Pioneers in Commercial Whale Watching......
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Mirissa Water Sports pvt/ltd - Pioneers of Whale Watching in Sri Lanka
Do not wait until it's too late to book your
Whale Watching, Sport Fishing
Coastal Cruises in the Southern coast of Sri Lanka !
Asanga Coorey / Chandi Abeywaradana
Call us on: +94 77 359 77 31
+94 77 359 77 32
+94 77 359 77 34
- We have two boats called Jayasayura 01 & Jayasayura 02.
- Seating Capacity of Jayasayura 01 - For 30 passengers
- Seating capacity of Jayasayura 02 - For 60 passengers
- Our third boat is now on construction, called "Spirit of Dondra Too". It will the first speed boat in Mirissa and it has seating capacity for 20 passengers. We are expected to launch this boat in coming season on 2014. (Mostly suitable for Exclusive Excursions)
- We are the most experienced crew with 08 years in this industry. They also qualified with all the certifications.
- The largest and speediest boats compared to others in operation.
- Boats are made by fiber glass, three hull and therefore the high protection and stability.
- On boat sanitary facilities.
- Our insurance policy offers the biggest coverage.
- We are equipped with all the safety requirements.
- All the prices below mentioned are including NBT 2% and 12% of VAT.
- Life jackets, Life rings, First aids and Life guards are provided.
- Vessels will leave Mirissa Harbor by.
- The duration on water is 4 to 5 hours and it can be depend on the distance where we are spotted the Whales.
- The price is also includes snacks, Mineral water bottles, cup of Nescafe, King coconut (Thembili) at the end of the tour, Biscuits and harbor entry tickets.
- The given rates are valid until.
- The foreigners who has residence visa can purchase residence tickets, after proved their residency.
Foreign Visitors - 7500 LKR ($57)
Residence Visitors - 6000 LKR
Children (08 - 14 age) - Half of the above rates
Children (Below 07) - FREE
Full Boat (25 persons) - 114,000 LKR ($870)
Full Boat (50 persons) - 205,200 LKR ($1566)
|MWS Crew Members|
|Spirit of Dondra Too|
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Our clients' countries from 1st December 2013 to 25th March 2014:
|Country||Number of Clients||Percentage|
Monday, March 3, 2014
We are ...
•The pioneers of commercial whale watching
•With the most experience crew
•Highest members of staff
•Modern boats that are specially designed for whale watching
•The biggest insurance coverage
•Equipped with all the safety requirement
•VAT & NBT (government taxes) registered
•Kids below 10 on boat for free
This season ...!Improvements
•Free wifi and internet at office
•New decorations at office
•More facilities for drivers and guides
•Hosted a practical training for whale watchers
•Welcomes researchers and media for free
•Offered free trails for reservations / management staff from hotels and travel agencies
•Trained the crew on better customer care
•Our new website, our blog
Next season ...!
•Binoculars for close view
•Introduction video to be screened at office
•Improved library and reading materials
•Education booklets for kids
•Facilities for researchers
•Fundraising for conservation and protection of marine mammals
•Breakfast with fresh fruits
•Coastal cruise combined with snorkeling, diving and swimming
•Sport fishing on a speed boat (cross over – sea cat)
•Whale watching combined with sport fishing
•Card acceptance facilities
•Online payment facility
•Free wifi onboard
Whales and dolphins sightings of the season 13/14 (November to February)
Blue whales - 217
False killer whales - 50
Bryde's whales - 47
Pilot whales - 20
Sperm whales - 15
Killer whales - 13
Humpback whales - 2
Fin whales - 2
Spinner dolphins - 12 093
Spotted dolphins - 1 000
Risso's dolphins - 264
Bottlenose dolphins - 110
Thank you to :
•Building a Future Foundation
•Respective volunteers and well wishers
•Partners (travel agents, hotels, tour guides, tour drivers)
•The researchers and people into conservation and protection of whales and dolphins
•The crew and the staff
Without them, we wouldn’t have achieved this success !